Whether your hospital is developing its own electronic medical record (EMR) system or looking to enhance its existing system with additional data and insight, Medi-Span and Lexicomp have a range of solutions to meet your needs. Lexicomp information is used by hundreds of thousands of clinicians in nearly 2,000 hospitals worldwide. Find out how we can integrate better into your workflow today.
Features and Benefits
- Dose Range Checking - we provide data that enables clinicians to receive dosing alerts for medications, including limits for pediatric patients
- Patient Education - best-in-class patient-facing documents from Lexicomp and UpToDate include drug and disease education, discharge instructions and more
- Drug Interaction Data - our data enables clinicians to screen for medication interactions, including drug-allergy, drug-drug and drug-food
- Drug Reference Data - integrate drug reference information, such as drug images and detailed monographs, into your system
- Filtering to Reduce Alert Fatigue - use filtering options to intelligently manage the alerts that clinicians see
- RxNorm Mapping - we promote interoperability through mapping to industry standard RxNorm
- Easy Implementation - our intuitive database design will help you seamlessly integrate complex databases into your system
Provides drug reference and clinical data support content to healthcare systems worldwide. When you choose Medi-Span, you'll get superior customer service, easy implementation and timely updates.
Integrated Patient Education
Lexicomp and UpToDate have partnered to provide EMRs and patient portals with convenient access to Integrated Patient Education information covering medications, conditions, procedures, discharge instructions and healthy living information.
When integrated into your hospital's EMR system, this database will allow clinicians to link to detailed Lexicomp reference information from within the workflow.